12 Feb Club Founded
A meeting was held at the Union Club, Walmer on 12th February 1892, under the chairmanship of Major General Graham, for the purposes of establishing a golf club at Deal.
It was resolved that endeavours be made to form a Golf Club to be called the “Cinque Ports Golf Club”, Deal. 116 acres of land are leased from Lord Northbourne, Deal Town Council and the Ordnance Department for the construction of the 9-hole course.
As The Times reported, “A Scheme has been set on foot for the formation of a golf ground on the sandhills immediately north of Deal…and the ground is admirably adapted for the formation of golf links”.
The Links opened for play on 30th May 1892.